THREE ROLES AVAILABLE AT SPEEDWAY AUSTRALIA
This is an exciting period of expansion for Speedway Australia, meaning there are a number of opportunities for stakeholders to make a living out of their hobby.
We are now recruiting to bring on board three staff at either our Adelaide or Sydney locations – two Sport Development Officers and an Office Administrator.
The Sport Development Officers will contribute their skills to ensure a variety of key functions are managed efficiently and effectively. These tasks will be divided between the two positions and include:-
• Co-ordinating Speedway Australia’s public relations and corporate relations
• Co-ordinating the Speedway Australia and World Series Sprintcars Facebook pages
• Assisting with the operational strengthening of Speedway Australia’s affiliated clubs and divisions, both national and state based
• Working with a portfolio of Speedway Australia tracks to assist them with funding activities and other initiatives that strengthen their capabilities as venue operators
• Being the point of contact for World Series Sprintcars tracks, teams, suppliers and partners
• Co-ordinating Speedway Australia’s national officials training programme and be an advocate for officials within the organisation
• Managing Speedway Australia’s Fantasy Speedway footprint
• Planning and deliver the annual National Forum
• Producing weekly and quarterly stakeholder newsletters
• Managing Speedway Australia’s Social Media Misconduct process
• Representing Speedway Australia at various stakeholder events
• Undertaking track inspections in consultation with the Track & Safety Officer
• Devoting time to developing and nurturing new ideas within the sport
• Assisting with implementing and monitoring Speedway Australia’s Strategic Plan
• Other duties in consultation with the General Manager
• Target salary is $65,000 +super
The Office Administrator role is an entry level position, and the successful candidate will contribute their skills to ensure a variety of key functions are managed efficiently and effectively. These include:-
• Ensuring inbound phonecalls are dealt with in a friendly and professionally manner.
• Assisting with the processing of online licences for competitors, pit crew and officials
• Welcoming visitors to the office and assisting with their requirements.
• Collecting the morning mail and distributing it within the organisation.
• Preparing the afternoon mail and delivering it to Australia Post.
• Undertaking the banking duties as necessary
• Co-ordinating bookings for Speedway Australia’s meetings and functions
• Helping with the organisation of the annual Australian Speedway Awards
• Other duties in consultation with the General Manager.
• Target salary is $40,000 + super
If you or anyone you know of may be interested in any of these great roles, please get in touch with General Manager Tim Savell on 0424 923 494, or email a cover letter and CV to email@example.com.
Full Job Descriptions are also available on request.